Monday, November 02, 2015

New Tradition

I've previously written about my Halloween feelings on my Blog. I'm not going to get into a big debate about it. I totally respect people who don't do it. I'm not sure if doing it is the right thing.  We read this book every year and try to find ways to include Jesus in the most secular holiday of all. 

Since we aren't in a military community anymore, and since we are not living in a neighborhood, I really wanted to find a fun thing to do as a family. We found Bright's Zoo Boo at the Zoo. This is a small zoo about 45 minutes from our house. They had all kinds of candy stations and games. If the weather is good, this is something we definitely hope to do in the future.

We met up with our friend Ms. Karen. She is a fellow homeschool mom, fellow adoptive mom, and fellow farmer who only lives about 15 minutes from us. She has an older daughter and then two young kiddos who are my kids age!

With our new friends.



Isaac is Spiderman. I didn't get a single picture of him in a costume without a jacket.

I bought Abigail ruby red slippers to be Dorothy. I never spend money on costumes, but she was insistent, and she already had a blue gingham dress. Lesson learned. Morning of she completely changed her mind and decided to just "wing" a costume. We decided she looked most like Lemon Meringue form Strawberry Shortcake. 


Hannah borrowing Sidge's Optimus Prime mask.

Mr. Shane joined us so we actually got some pictures of all of us as a family. The morning started off very cold, but warmed enough to take off our coats!

On Sunday, our pastor used a visual illustration in church of kids laying out all their candy and checking out their "stash." I had never seen this before but sure enough, after the sermon, I watched as my boys did just that!


Isaac made me so happy when he said, "I don't like chocolate that much. So you can eat all my chocolate Mom." But then he discovered trading with his siblings and that got over-taken!

Here are some flashbacks from Halloweens past:




No comments: