Saturday, November 21, 2015

Dear Hannah,

Dear Hannah,

In our house kids nap until they are at least 4. Your big sister, Abigail, still takes a nap regularly. Your brothers were just released from their hour of quiet reading time this year and the are 6 and 7!

I am not sure where you got a bit confused. Please take the day to refocus. This is 5 out of 7 days that you have not napped in the afternoon. You are two. The CDC recommends that you are have between 11-12 hours of sleep each day. Your mother recommends closer to 14 for my sanity.  You will continue to spend two hours in your bed every day between 1pm and 3pm for the health of our relationship. It would be best if you slept during that time. (It makes it go much faster, and I am able to relax a bit more knowing that you aren't hurting yourself or damaging any property or changing your clothes or getting naked or as you say "Maken as a Jaybird.")

Although, okay, I admit it. Whenever you nap you end up standing up in your crib for about two hours at bedtime. Last night it was 9:45pm when I heard you giggle your last, "Never!!!" in your bed.

But that is neither here nor there. I am currently unable to be a good mother without nap time. If you want to fully understand, you can read the post I wrote last year entitled: Wipe-Your-Own-Butt-Time.

Sleeping is a very valued activity in our home. Get with the program.

I love you soooooo much!

Love,

Mommy

No comments: