Thursday, November 05, 2015

Review: Faith of our Fathers

If you have not had the opportunity to visit the FishFlix website, you are really missing out! FishFlix is an online Christian Movie Store run by Christians. You can get Christian movies, Christian DVDs, and Christian films at a very fair and reasonable cost.

I had the opportunity to review the movie Faith of our Fathers which came to theaters this past July.

Faith of our Fathers  follows the story of two young men: Wayne and John Paul as they retrace the steps of their fathers -- who both died in the Vietnam War. They meet as strangers, but guided by handwritten letters from their fathers on the battlefield, they embark on a journey to the Vietnam Wall. Along the way, they discover that the devastation of war cannot break the love of two fathers and sons. And they also discover the faith that guided their dads in the darkest of times.

I am so impressed by the Christian films that have recently been being put out into the theaters. I really want Christian movies to present the same quality that we see from secular films. The quality of this movie was good. I also thought that message was very good. This story presented the story of salvation and redemption in a very powerful way.

However, while I liked the storyline, this was not my favorite Christian film. (Unconditional is currently my favorite.) The main reason was that I felt a few things were just a little too far-fetched. These feelings mostly surrounded the storyline of Wayne. I simply found him a bit over-the-top and when their father's former sergeant is the one that catches him trying to commit armed robbery, I just couldn't quite buy into it anymore.

That being said, this is a movie worth watching. While it is probably a little bit too mature in storyline for young children, teenagers will be able to follow and it would lead to good discussion in your home. I also am a huge fan of Candace Cameron Bure and thought she had a strong role in the movie.

In addition, I definitely intend to continue to turn to FishFlix for quality Christian entertainment!

No comments: