Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Smiles Continue On

First a fun video from bathtime last night (censored appropriately.) I love how hard Isaac is laughing in this video:

And now, time for some more of "kids say the darndest things:"

*****
Me: "Elijah did you know that you are a miracle?"
Elijah: "I'm not amircle."
Me: "What are you?"
Elijah: "I'm a big boy!"
*****
Me: "Isaac what do you want to be when you grow up?"
Isaac: "A firefighter."
Me: "Elijah what do you want to be when you grow up?"
Elijah: "Buzz Lightyear!"
*****
During devotions last night I read about obeying God. God likes it when we obey. It is good when we listen to our parents. God is happy when we are kind to our siblings and our Daddy and Mommy. Isaac sat on one side of me. Elijah sat on the other. And then Elijah took his froggy and slapped me right in the face with it! I mean I said, "God is happy when we are kind ..." and I got smacked with that stinkin' froggy right across my face. I expressed dissaproval with Elijah's actions, but inside, I was laughing. God has a great sense of humor.


*****
Elijah's new favorite phrases:
1) "Hold on Mom."
2) "Just a minute."
3) "Oh man."
4) "Hurray Elijah!"
4) "Okay I-Z (Isaac.)" He uses this whenever Isaac tells him what to do. Wonder how long that will last?
5) "I have an idea!"
*****
Veronica told Isaac to, "Come here Isaac darling."
Isaac said to Veronica, "I am NOT one of those."
*****
Isaac: "Mommy, may I be excused?"
Me: "Are you done with your cereal?"
Isaac: "I am."
Me: "Okay, then you may be excused."
Isaac: "Thanks Mom."
Me: "Thank you for talking so nicely."
Isaac: "You're welcome. Sometimes I just do that."
Me: "You do?"
Isaac: "Yes. And sometimes I put a tissue in Er-onica's coffee." (I have no idea what he meant by that.)
*****
Elijah finishes his popsicle and starts walking around with the popsicle stick in his mouth. Me, being the good Mom I am, tell him, "Elijah, please go throw that popsicle stick away. I don't want you walking around and getting hurt."

Eliljah, picking up on the word around decides to do just the opposite of what I ask. He keeps the stick in his mouth and begins spinning around and saying, "I go around and around and around and around."


*****
Isaac shut the dishwasher for me. "I shut the dishwasher Mommy?"
Me: "I did see that you shut the dishwasher."
Isaac: "That was good that I shut the dishwasher."
Me: "Okay. It was good you shut the dishwasher."
Isaac: "Say, thank you Isaac."

2 comments:

Faith said...

lol, oh my, I needed this today. I just posted my sadness about my babies growing up, and here you are, giving me SO much to look forward to:). thank you!

Seeliger Family Blog said...

Thanks Wendi. You reminded me to get to writing all the stories in my head. I keep saying remember that one so I can write it down. You're a great Mom! :)
~Kristy