Thursday, June 09, 2011

Current Kid Humor

A few notes of the giggles in our life:


  • Isaac has been calling everyone a flower pot. No idea why. Being called a flowerpot upsets Elijah greatly. So we have a rule. If Elijah says, "No thank you," than Isaac is issued a cease and desist order on calling Elijah a flowerpot and punishment will result if it is not respected. It seems to work. I try to lighten the mood by laughing when Isaac calls me a flowerpot. Or Veronica. I imagine it came from a TV show or movie? But I have no idea!

  • If you fail to say "you're welcome" to Isaac's "thank you" he will welcome himself. "I'm welcome."

  • The boys have been saying, "Here is me!" when they hide and jump out to scare me. If they hide in the closet (they always pick the same one in my room) and I go pretending to try and find them, they will jump out and say, "Here is me!" I love it.

  • JB purchased four toy cars from the movie CARS that they were selling at the BX in Incirlik the other day to bring to the boys when he comes in next week. He did not plan to show these to the boys, but the other night, while he was on SKYPE and I was having contractions and Veronica and I were trying to get everything ready to leave, Isaac was quite upset. So JB showed him the cars via SKYPE. DJ. Flo. The King. Doc Hudson. Everytime we talk to JB now (which is frequently thanks to being only one hour different in time), Isaac asks to see his "Special surprises." John has given up talking him out of it and keeps them right next to the computer. After we get off, Isaac will tell me that, "Elijah wants Flo. I will have DJ, The King, and Doc." Not sure how this is fair, but Isaac has worked it out as gospel. We'll wait and see how that goes down when they get here.

  • I have told the boys that Abigail is going to have a special surprise for them when she gets here. Their faces lit up! Isaac immediately said, "There will be on surprise for Elijah and one surprise for me." His way of asking a question and getting the answer he wants. Now, to figure out what Abigail is going to get them before she actually arrives. Hmmm .... something in the toy car category you think?

  • The boys have started using the word "pee-pee" just because. I explained that this is only to be used when pee-pee really needs to be done. Which, speaking of, I must try to remember to tell Elijah, "Wait. Wait. Wait. Okay, now go," when putting him on a toilet at a restaurant. He has trouble waiting for the right moment to begin to go to the bathroom. As a result he shot across the bathroom stall a big puddle before he heard and could translate, "Elijah! Stop the pee! Stop it now!" I am constantly amazed how far a little boy's pee can travel.

  • The boys have been sleeping until 6:30am! Hurrah! I suppose this isn't a laughing matter. But I'm happy about it nonetheless.

2 comments:

Sarah, Dan, and Peter said...

I LOVE this! I miss you and your boys so much! Please tell them hi from Sarahbee! :)

Dana said...

When my second child was born (she will be 11 on Wednesday), my 4 year old son was given a gift "from his new little sister". I didn't find out until a year later that he thought the HUGE box (like 2ft X 2ft size) of Thomas the Train legos (sp?) came put of my tummy with the baby. Considering I has a vaginal birth with her that would have been EXTREMELY painful...not even sure an epidural strong enough exists in the world! LOL When we questioned where she would have bought this in my belly he said "the mall of course" and rolled his eyes. We teased him about this story with the birth of his brother 4 years later and then again when our youngest came along 2 years after that. For Gracyn our youngest daughter we teased him about the fact if any of the kids would have brought the big box of toys it would have been her due to the fact she was my only c-section!