Saturday, June 18, 2011

Japanese Gardens

We got rained out on Thursday, but we tried again today: Saturday. While it was a little cool (can you believe we are wearing jackets and pants in late June?) it was otherwise a perfect day. The gardens were beautiful. A little bit smaller than we had envisioned, but the boys loved running on the paths, climbing up the steps, watching the Koi, and tromping over bridges. Daddy and boys also loved walking over stones that crossed the river while all I could think was: please don't fall in and get soaking wet in this cool weather.

Here's a couple of quick pictures I took:


Elijah saw a Buddha and decided he needed to kiss Buddha's head. I have no why idea why he felt the need to do it (or how I happened to have the camera ready at just that moment.)


Love this picture of John and the boys investigating moss under the rock. We stopped to look at different types of bamboo and moss and bees and slug slime. JB is loving his boys being old enough to enjoy the world with him.


As I mentioned on a previous blog, my nature loving husband has started his own blog. You can visit it by clicking here. I link to it now because whenever I discuss nature, I think of his blog now.


For updates on how I am doing in the last 30 days of Abigail's life in my womb, click here.

No comments: