Sunday, June 19, 2011

fun things

Okay, before I get to the boys' humor this pas week, a few notes:


  • I have updated my Germany movie/book list. New items are in red. One of the major updates comes after JB and I went out and saw a movie together last night! Did you know Ramstein has a theatre that plays current movies? This was so excited. We are going to take the boys to see Cars II. (We actually hope to wait for my Dad to get here to go with them but it depends on how long the movies stick around.) There are only four movies playing at a time, and I think they only keep them for one week at a time. Click the link above to see where we went last night. Way fun!

  • If you want to get more "detailed" baby updates, click on the link at the top of the page. I am keeping the main page of this blog reserved for more broad updates and keeping this secondary page for a bit more detail.

  • I want your contribution to this blog. Please click here to see how you can share the "thing" that you are most passionate about with all of my readers.

Okay, now onto some fun moments from the last week:

*****

JB: "Isaac, what are we going to do today?"
ISAAC: "Get ice cream!"
JB: "Yeah, but we need something to do inside because I think it is going to rain."
ISAAC: "Oh."
JB: "What could we do today?"
ISAAC: Thinks for awhile and then says, "I don't know anything about that."

*****
While talking to the rental car agent about the possibility of getting a bigger car while my parents are here, the lights suddenly went out in the store. Not once. But three times. Off and on. Off and on. Off and then, stayed off. What was going on? The attendant started giggling and told us to turn around. Our boys had discovered the light switches and were happily entertaining themselves and everyone in the store.
*****
My Dad and Mom have this song they sing to the boys. One of the lines says, "You were my first love ... you'll be my last." Yesterday, I was lying down with Isaac in his bed before naps but talking to him and he said, "Mommy, you were my first love."

P.S. Yes I nearly cried.
*****
JB dropped us off at the entrance to the Japanese Gardens on Saturday and went to park the car. Isaac and Elijah happily played on some steps while we waited for him to return. A few minutes into the play session though, Isaac walked up to me and said, "Mommy? Could you please help me find my Daddy?"
*****
John tried to prepare Isaac for his departure this morning. He kept reminding him that he was leaving, but that he would be back in less than a week. Finally Isaac stopped playing, walked up to him and said, "Daddy, why don't you just stay here with us?"

Oh don't we all wish!

No comments: