Thursday, June 02, 2011

Ramstein Ramblings ...



  1. Cinnabon is awesome.

  2. Actually the entire selection of food on Base is awesome. I can get Chinese. I can get Chili's. Today I went through the drive-thru of a Popeye's! Oh glory be.

  3. We were able to get a slightly bigger rental car today. This will allow us to fit the stroller in the trunk, stick Veronica inbetween the boys without crushing her, and hopefully give the boys a tad more leg room.

  4. I booked my "spa" day -- my Mother's Day present from JB for next week!

  5. I have been put in contact with four other women who are storknesting here. Not sure if anything will come of these emails, but it is at least nice to know I am not alone in my life here.

  6. The Base pool is open after a month of maintenance. It ... is ... awesome. I paid $35 for us to have a family pass for the month. This allows Veronica, me, and the boys in any ol' time we want. They have an entire "kiddy" section. They have these great floaty suit things the boys can wear. Elijah is still nervous, but Isaac is a total fish! He loves it. It's a fantastic activity for us as I can float around in the kiddy pool with them. Veronica and I can also take turns going over to the "adult" pool for some lap swimming. (Don't worry -- I'm taking it very slowly. Just trying to get a little bit of activity in.)

  7. Yes, I am aware of the food "issues" here in Germany. Apparently there has been a pretty serious e-coli outbreak. They are not serving raw vegetables (tomatoes, lettuce, cucumbers, etc. at any restaurants on Base.) Thanks for the heads up those of you who emailed me.

2 comments:

Jenny said...

Yes, the food alone keeps me making the drive to Ramstein! I feel like I am in "little America" every time I go. Also, the pool does rock! In January we went for an overnight stay there and did the pool. what a fun place!

Qtipper said...

WOW! You are the moving-est folks! I JUST found your blog on Jessie's (HP) page! Congratulations on so many levels!! What fun it is to see God's fingerprints all over your lives. I am commenting on this post because we have friends moving to Ramstein. And as the AF goes, you may just run into them. If you hear the name Coffman (Liz and Adam) try to remember this comment - LOL!! They will move there in July. He's a C-130 pilot!

Blessings~
Qtipper (Becky from HP!)