Sunday, June 19, 2011

HFD

Want to wish a Happy Father's Day to my dad, George. Thanks for loving me when I was a pain in the butt. Thanks for teaching me about the Lord and athletics and danishes. Man I love danishes.

Want to wish a Happy Father's Day to JB's dad, Ray. Thanks for raising such a fantastic son. Thanks for teaching him how to fix stuff. That really comes in handy.

Want to wish a Happy Father's Day to my husband, JB. Thanks for putting your family first always and not complaining when I let you get up with the boys four mornings in a row that all happened to start with a 4 or a 5.

Want to complain that bad phone service with Magic Jack and Skype meant communicating with these men today was not possible. Okay, so it wasn't possible with JB because he spent all day flying back to Incirlik. But either way, its frustrating to be far apart and not be able to talk to those you love.

I also want to remember those of you who are grieving the loss of a parent this Father's Day. And those of you awaiting a child you have been praying for for many years. And also to those Dads celebrating this day in countries far away from their families as you serve our country. Thinking and praying for all of you today.

No comments: