Saturday, June 06, 2009

Passin' the time . . .

This morning I woke up with a plan. After Isaac woke up, we'd all go to the park. Grampa, me, and the boys.

Isaac woke up, and I got everything packed. My Dad was holding Elijah in his carrier, I had the diaper bag flung over my shoulder, and Scrubs was outside doing his potty-thing.

It was at this point that Isaac walked up to me, put one hand around each of my knees, stuck his head between my knees . . . and vomitted.

Sigh . . . forget the park. Scratch everything. Isaac into bath. Grampa clean up vomit. Scrubs sees action and begins whining. Why can't I be in on this?

Poor Elijah is left in his car seat for a tremendous number of minutes.

Anyways, since that bout of upsetness, Isaac has been fine. No problems at all. Not sure if he just ate something funny or what but you'd never guess that the upsetness had hit this morning. Either way we decided to stay home throughout the day. The only time I left was to go for a jog. The only time my Dad was to get himself some food at the food court in the BX.

So . . . here are some pictures from our day inside the house. JB should be home any minute. Man we miss him when he is gone!

I thought Isaac would forget about the cake pans. Yeah right! They emerged again today.

Isaac actually brought two banging cake pans to Grampa during Grampa's nap on the couch today. Needless to say we plan to find a new hiding place for the cake pans after Isaac goes to bed tonight!

This was Isaac's absolutely favorite toy when he was a baby. He saw it today and became infatuated with it all over again. It's been hanging there since Elijah was born, but today he noticed it as if for the first time.


My Dad holding Elijah.

2 comments:

Kelli said...

I love that despite all the over-priced, fancy toys,kids are still more entertained by the little things...like cake pans :)

Marlene said...

Cake pans are nothing Wendy. My son got a little "ride on" police car replete with sirens and horns that was battery operated one Christmas. Two weeks in, it was a little hard to deal with at 5 or 6 in the morning or when we were trying to watch TV. The batteries came out, and oh gee darn, the sirens quit working. Little white lie didn't hurt as I said, "I guess it broke sweetie." He still rode it and had fun with it.

Fast forward about 20 years, and I fessed up and told him what we did. He was not pleased (in a funny way)even at 22 years old that Mom fooled him. The jury is still out about Santa and the Easter Bunny... ;-)