Saturday, July 21, 2007

Actual phone conversation

As I am working from home, I have had to become less of a phone-phobic. (For information on my syndrome visit my previous post: PHONE PHOBIA). I've therefore had to simply answer the phone not always knowing who it is. I did that today. This is, without added attempts at humor, the actual conversation that resulted:

Wendi: "Hello?"

Andrew's Grandma: "Is this the number for Andrew Michael's?"

Wendi: "No, I"m sorry. It's not."

Andrew's Grandma: "Oh. Well shoot. This is the number that Andrew gave me."

Wendi: "Well, I'm sorry. He's not here."

Andrew's Grandma: "Well do you live on base?"

Wendi: "Yes, I do."

Andrew's Grandma: "Well do you know where Andrew is?"

Wendi: "No, I don't."

Andrew's Grandma: "Well, could you leave Andrew a message for me? This is his Grandma."

Wendi: "Ma'm, I don't know Andrew."

Andrew' Grandma: "Okay, well when you see him would you tell him that his Grandma called?"

Wendi: "No, Ma'm. You don't understand. I just live in a house on base. I don't have a clue who Andrew is."

Andrew's Grandma: "Ohhhh. I thought maybe he lived next door to you."

Wendi: "No, I'm sorry. He doesn't."

Andrew's Grandma: "Would you be able to find him?"

Wendi: "No, I have no idea where to find him. I'm sorry."

Andrew's Grandma: "Oh. Well thank you for taking the time to talk to me sweetie."

Wendi: "You are welcome."

Andrew's Grandma: "Bye sweetheart."


And to think I almost just hung up after the first minute. I would have missed this!

6 comments:

AW said...

This is hysterical!

Anonymous said...

aww doesnt it make you just want to go find Andrew!?! :)
i'm thinking i'd love to hear different people's favorite movies of late -you know under different headings, like comedy, romance etc.
I was thinking how hard it is to find a good movie --last nite we watched an old one,hard to find and quite silly but fun cuz we laughed alot -- called Pure Luck! All depends on your kind of humore tho!
Jan

Wendi Kitsteiner said...

Great idea Tante Jan. I'll post it.

Anonymous said...

This was too funny! I think it's great that you remembered it all enough to type out for the rest of us! LOL! (I wonder if "Andrew" doesn't really want his grandma calling, and purposely gave her a wrong number??) I hope not, she seems very sweet. =)

Gabbs said...

Ha ha, after reading that I felt so bad for Andrew's grandma, that I wanted to post a comment on helping the grandma find Andrew because I felt so bad for her. But I see that Jan already posted this same thought, lol.

yuan family said...

She probably just wanted someone to talk to!