Saturday, July 07, 2007

Late, late, late Saturday night

Okay so I do have pictures of our new furniture, however, you're going to have to wait to view them.

The reason? I think my husband should see them before you do and, well, he is currently on his first night of call. So, as soon as he sees them, I'll let you see them.

It is currently nearing 11pm. I always end up staying later when JB isn't here with me.

JB left at 7 this morning. Well, actually, I drove him in so that I could have the car to go back and visit him if he had a break. He called periodically throughout the day, and around 7 p.m., he called and told me things had slowed down enough for me to bring him dinner.

Things are different here than they are at Mayo. There isn't really a restaurant for the docs to get food at. If you want to eat, you really need to bring it yourself. I packed him a lunch but was hoping that the two of us could eat dinner together.

I had made something around 5 p.m. that had turned out decent enough to stomach. (I'm learning folks!) So I packed it up and headed to the hospital.

Ten minutes after I got there, JB came walking outside to meet me. The third year resident was also outside waiting for his wife to come with food, and he and JB started talking in a language I didn't understand. Holy cow my husband is smart! Is that English?!

What I did understand, as we walked into the building, was that we weren't going to get to eat dinner together. Another emergency had come up.

Smart Wendi had packed the dinners into two separate Tupperware pieces in case something like this happened. So I left his piece there and wandered back to the car and back home where I sat down on our new sofa and ate my own Tupperware dinner.

This is going to take some getting used to.

No comments: