Thursday, July 19, 2007

Busy at RLS Foundation

Work at the RLS Foundation has been busy lately mainly because of a new discovery that was finally announced yesterday. We've known about this for quite some time and have been preparing for the announcement for quite a few weeks. The final articles were printed in the very presitigous New England Journal of Medicine.

To quickly summarize, a gene for RLS was found. This basically means that they have found a gene that if present in a person's DNA, indicates that they are more likely to get RLS.

The articles are all over the news and the newspapers and online. Here's just two links that explain what was recently found:

Scientists Find Genetic Link for a Disorder (Next, Respect?)

Genetic link is found for restless legs syndrome

Just thought I would share what I do for a living. Basically I help write the press releases, emails, and edit the website to share this information with the public. Here's the webpage I have been working on.

RLS Foundation announcement

Thanks for listening (and pretending like it was really interesting.)

3 comments:

AW said...

Actually, I did find it interesting considering my husband is an RLS sufferer. It's amazing what today's technology and medicine can do to improve our lives.

Anonymous said...

This is So awesome! What a breakthrough! I can't believe that some people think that it's "an imaginary disorder", how thoughtless to those who suffer from it!

Rachel and Hans said...

thanks for posting this, wendi. as soon as i'm done studying for my exams tomorrow, i'm going to read it!