Thursday, March 09, 2017

Style: Exotic

I met my friend and fellow military wife, Casey, when I was stationed in Okinawa, Japan. I loved sharing our backyards and being able to chat often. She is one laid back, down to earth, cool gal! I hope you enjoy her style and interview as much as I do!


We Franklins are a small family of three. We do pretty much everything together even as our teenager is becoming more and more independent. We love to get out and explore our surroundings and love to sample the local cuisine. Nothing is too strange or weird (except maybe if it is still moving). We actually have been able to sample crickets from Thailand and Mexico. Both very different yet equally delicious! We are looking forward to new adventures now that we are back in America. So much to explore in our own backyard!

1. What makes your house a home?
Anything that really reflects where we've traveled. Photos of family and friends. Cozy warm textiles. Bright vibrant color schemes. I find I tend towards dark wood and the color red. My husband is all about the rugs. I've jumped on his band wagon.






2. What is your decorating style and why do you like it?
We have an eclectic style that tends to reflect an Asian/African theme. Bits and pieces from all over.




3. What decorating accessories are a "must" in your home?
We always try and grab original art from local artists.



4. What are your go-to places to find unique decorative items?
Antique shops primarily, World Market, Pier One. Local artists as well whenever we visit.

Thank you for stopping by! You don't need to be a professional decorator to make your home look beautiful. Just let your creative juices flow and let your place speak who you and your family are!

                                                XOXO,
                                                   Angelica

No comments: