Friday, March 31, 2017

Review: Talk Yourself Happy


I don't often agree to review "self help" books. Honestly, I don't like them very much. I find they mostly say the same things, I can't remember the advice later, and they don't keep my attention for very long. 

However, Talk Yourself Happy by former 700 Club host Kristi Watts got my attention, and I truly appreciated her advice. 

Here's what I liked about it. Kristi faced some incredible disappointments. And she doesn't get her life all wrapped up in a bow by the end of the book. 

I have quite a few friends right now who are going through some very challenging events in their life. And they don't need to hear about a magic formula that you can follow to find happiness again. What they all need to hear is: you can find happiness in the midst of a challenging situation. And I felt that Kristi really gave some concrete ways to help foster this in your life.

How can a person bounce back after being beaten down personally, professionally, and emotionally? Kristi was there, and came face to face with what happens when life doesn't go the way you had planned. 

This is a powerful book for those of you who have found your life completely off-track. It doesn't tell you how to get it back on-track. What it tells you is how to embrace and find God in the midst of your derailment. 

No comments: