Thursday, March 23, 2017

On the mend

Hannah and I got sick on nearly the exact same day and nearly at the exact same moment. It was Wednesday night last week. That makes today one week exactly that the two of us were LAID UP. You all know how active my girl is. She truly spent one week SOLID on the couch or in her bed. She told us her legs hurt but otherwise didn't complain. She just laid around. So did I. The other three kids seemed okay and so did all the grown-ups so just the two of us felt horrible together. 


And then today, like some miracle, both of us woke up and were sort of back to ourselves. I helped JB a ton on the farm and even braved a solo trip on the four-wheeler by myself for the first time:


And Hannah, well I will leave you with a series of pictures that show how back-to-herself our little Sleeping Beauty is. We knew she was better when she put a cape back on, put on something other than her underwear, and then changed clothes again. :)





If you think of it, please pray for our Isaac. He is now showing signs of the flu as well, and we have tickets for him to attend a concert for a very famous pianist: George Winston on Saturday.

2 comments:

TAV said...

Glad you're on the mend. Not sure if you got vaccines but this is exactly why I recommend the flu shot so strongly to even healthy, non-pregnant adult patients. It doesn't always prevent it, but if it could spare you or your child(ren) for feeling so poorly or being out for the count (missed school, work, etc.),I will never understand how people don't jump at that chance. I've been more persuasive of late, though.

Wendi Kitsteiner said...

Kids all got flu shot. I didn't because I forgot. Jb said it was 50/50 in his area.