Monday, October 07, 2013

Hannah: One Month Appt.

Yesterday Hannah had her one month appt. Everything looked great! Here are her stats:
  • Weight: 10 pounds, 14 ounces (91st percentile)
  • Length: 22.0 inches (96th percentile) -- her height recorded at birth was 22.5 but we believe this was actually 21.5 as the doctor re-measured her at 4 days old.
  • Head size: 15.25 inches (85th percentile)
We were especially happy to see her weight doing so well -- this means that we are feeding her well. While Isaac (who is adopted and therefore bottle-fed) did well, both my biological children had major weight-gaining issues. To see Hannah gaining so well is music to my tired soul!

I am quite tired and JB is quite tired, but overall, this chick is doing really well. Generally, she is in bed by 9pm. She wakes again at 1am and on a perfect night, wakes again at 5 or 6am. This is basically one wake-up a night. Not too shabby for one month old. The only issue is that sometimes, after that 1am feed, she wants to eat again at 3 or so. Nights like this are tough on me since her feeds take so long as it is.

She is very alert and generally content. She is actually starting to smile in response to our voices a bit. She handles the abundance of kisses from Abigail with incredible grace and doesn't seem to mind when Sidge comes over and asks, "Can I pet her?" I'm also having to give her more baths then the normal newborn basically because the kid has so much hair! After a day off of bathing, it is greasy! She really likes her baths though. If she is crying, she stops as soon as gets in the water.

Adjusting to a newborn is always challenging sleep-wise, but I continue to remind myself that this is a stage that will-all-too-soon be behind me, and I know I will miss having a baby in the house.

No comments: