Thursday, October 18, 2012

A few little notes

I had written a post back in 2009 which featured "time saving shortcuts" from readers. I had a friend mention it to me today at the park and thought to myself: it's been awhile since that page was edited. So I thought, let's revisit it! Click here to visit the post and read some time-saving shortcuts submitted by you all -- my readers! And please, add your tip to the list! (I've edited and added some new ones as well.)
*****
I am continuing to add photos, tons of them, to my Facebook album: Joni in the Azores. As always, Joni's visits mean more pictures than I can humanly handle, so I'm adding them there. I'll add some to the blog, but I just can't keep up with Joni. Add to that Connie, and I'm way out of my league.
*****
Our "Because of Isaac" page on Facebook is 13 likes away from 400! Can you help get us there? In addition, don't forget to add yourself to my followers on the right side of my page if you read my blog regularly.
*****
I have booked a ticket to Germany in early November. I'm going to just take a commercial flight over for three days. Fly in, appointment, fly out. Done. Forget this military rotator mumbo jumbo. And forget taking a child. I'm going sans children. Good luck Connie!
*****
I am going to participate in my first ever flea market on Saturday. I have heard it is INSANITY. Apparently the Americans sell their wares on Base but it is the Portuguese who buy the stuff ... and they want to bargain for everything. Yikes! I plan to donate anything I make to www.becauseofisaac.org so whatever I make, is great. And if I end up practically giving things away, great too. It's so different here from Turkey. In Turkey, we weren't allowed to give anything to the locals. Here, it is encouraged. Lots to get used to.
*****
I'm so excited that our friends Shane & Linda are going to be joining us here for Thanksgiving. How awesome is that!? And then, we're going to America, as a family for Christmas! Can't wait.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey wendi! I read your blog all the time but im sorry i cant find where it says to follow!
Kristin

Wendi Kitsteiner said...

It is actually called "membership". If you scroll down on the right side, you will see where it is. Maybe it isn't that important then if readers don't know what it is. :)

Anonymous said...

The link to the original post doesn't seem to work, fyi.