Monday, October 01, 2012

Susan & Thirty-One

Susan started reading my blog through my friend, Robyn Overby. Robyn was married to a medical student (Zachariah) two years behind JB at Eglin and became a very dear friend to me (after she, ironically, found out about me through my blog.) Robyn used to work with Susan at Wright Medical Technology, Inc. in Arlington, TN before moving to FL for her husband's school/job on base at Eglin. 

So all that to say, I love the blog community that I have. And I especially love when people whom I don't know personally reach out to me personally. So many blog readers are afraid to step out. As if that makes them a blog stalker. Ummm .... PLEASE know that is not the case. My blog is public. It is my ministry. New people reading it is what is supposed to happen. I will meet people in the "real world" and they will say, "I hope it's okay, but I read your blog." Good! That's the whole point! If you read, please don't be afraid to comment, to email me (flakymn@hotmail.com or wendi@wendikitsteiner.com). My blog is my number one hobby. It connects me to the world that feels so far away.

So, back to Susan. Susan emailed me. A friend of her's who is a consultant for Thirty-One, was giving away bags to military families. Was I interested? Ummm .... like I had to think about that one! Yes! Please! Pick me! A few weeks after I gave Susan my address, the following gorgeous bag came in the mail. I love it.

Susan wrote me and said, "You and your famly are in our prayers as you live life in the military. I cannot begin to imagine how difficult it is to be so far from all that you know and love, but what a tremendous experience you are giving your children. May God continue to bless you as your are faithful to His work."

Thanks Susan (and Thirty-One!) Love you both!

No comments: