Wednesday, October 03, 2012

Take III

"Because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.” -- D. Seuss or Bernard Baruch

So, now that a little time has passed and I have taken more deep breaths, I want to discuss, briefly, what happened on my blog this past week. If you missed it, you can read Post 1 here. You can read Post 2 here.

My lovely friend English ... Veronia's older sister whom I have known since she was just a tiny little girl (as opposed to the big hunk a' woman she is today -- said sarcastically I assure you), wrote her own post about this on her blog. You can read English's post here.

English's post wasn't so much about what happened but what we should do as bloggers when something like this happens again in the future.

Here is what I have decided.
  1. I am not going to stop blogging -- albeit this is the closest I have come to thinking, "I'm not sure I can do this."
  2. I am not going to stop talking about personal topics -- that is who I am. My blog would not be my blog.
  3. My blog is my ministry. I must remember that that I truly believe that this is the way I beileve the Lord wants to use me. At least right now.
  4. The deeper I decide to go on my blog the more vulnerable I am making myself.
  5. I am not going to start moderating comments (checking them before they go live.) Honestly, the main reason is that I am too busy. I can't add another step right now. The secondary reason is that I think comments going live immediately allows conversation to develop without my help.
  6. I am, in the future, simply going to delete comments that hurt my feelings. I do not need a reason. I do not need to justify it. If a comment is not kind, I am going to choose to just "let it go."
  7. I must remember that the minority doesn't speak for the majority. As a teacher, I constantly worked to remind myself that the one student who was so "bad" should not stop me from teaching the dozens who made me love my job.
  8. I must try not to take things so personally.
  9. And above all, I will attempt, at all times, to think like my Savior, despite the fact that I am a human, saved by Grace, and far from perfect.
English wrote about me and my writing. She said that my  "...blog faces the difficulties of infertility, the joys of adoption, and the surprises that await us around every turn." That is what my blog is about. English gets it! And if English gets it, then so do other people.

The last two days, my real world persona has been effected by what happened to my online persona. In the future, I hope that people will keep in mind that things you say online are real. And that the person receiving it is real. I exist! However, I also vow to strive, as best I can to forgive (even though forgetting takes longer), and to truly do as Jesus would do. Even though my flesh says, "But that isn't fair!"

I will never let the minority become the majority of my blog. And I will always strive to represent my savior as best as I can.


1 comment:

Dana said...

Glad you didn't decide to pull up stakes because of this situation! I love coming here an reading about your life and seeing what interesting topics you might post about next. I was so impressed with the way the abortion debate had been going in your comments that I was truly shocked when you posted about the commenter on the IVF post, didn't see that coming as a lightening rod post, sure you didn't either! Anyway, just wanted to let you know there are many of us out here who "get it"!:)
Dana