Monday, October 29, 2012

To the "only one"

In a group of wives, you are single. And you want more than anything to find your forever partner.

In a group of moms, you are childless. And you would do anything for even one of the babies being talked about in conversation.

Or, you are hoping for a sibling for your child, and this time, it isn't happening. You'd like to not be drinking wine and celebrating the good news. Why is it taking so long?

Everyone has a good job. And you've just been laid off.

It's Mother's Day. You recently said good bye forever to your own Mom.

Among those happily married, your relationship is falling apart.

There's health and happiness and you are dealing with an illness or disappointment.

You feel like the only one. In a room full of friends, you feel like a stranger. Can people read your mind? You laugh and smile and carry on. But inside, your heart is pained.

I think of you. I don't think of you as the "only one." I think of you as part of us. You are a woman.

A friend. A sister. A daughter.

You are loyal, dedicated, encouraging, fun to hang out with.

I wish I could fix this one big hole in your life. But because I can't, I want to tell you that I am standing along side you. I feel what's missing. And I'm sorry it is.

While you wait, I will stand by your side and be your friend.

******

Here is an excerpt from Sarah Young's Jesus Calling that I felt parallelled this blog post.

Come to Me when you  are hurting, and I will soothe your pain. Come to Me when you are joyful, and I will share your joy, multiplying it many times over. I am all you need, just when you need it. Your deepest desires find fulfillment in Me alone.

This is the age of self-help. Bookstores abound with books about "taking care of number one," making oneself the center of all things. The main goal of these methodologies is to become self-sufficient and confident. You, however, have been called to take a "road less traveled": continual dependence on Me. True confidence comes from knowing you are complete in My Presence. Everything you need has its counterpart in Me.

1 comment:

Dana said...

This is a beautiful post, love how you captured how all women have their secret self!