Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Finding the groove

Here are the results of the Baby Game we played to guess little Abigail's birth details. Congratulations to Susan (from Hannah's Prayer) for a big win! Kendra (from my church at Eglin) finished second. In third was Samantha (not personally known to me), Rebekah S. (a friend from Eglin), and AD (my sister-in-law). Good job participants.

Our house is doing well. Abigail had her two-day appointment today. She's a little jaundice so we got some blood work done. She has also lost right at about 10% of her body weight so we are hopeful that the milk comes in soon, and she gets her growth on. I had some difficulty with Elijah gaining weight so prayers in this category would be appreciated.

Big brothers are doing well. While Isaac was the one most excited about Abigail's arrival, he has since been the least interested in her presence. Elijah comes and sits on my bed and talks to her. When JB asked her this morning about his sister he said, "She looked at me!" in response to Abigail looking over and "smiling" at him yesterday. But Isaac has no interest in interacting with her right now. We think he may be a bit jealous so we are trying to give him some extra love and attention during this time. Elijah seems to enjoy spending time with us and his sister at the same time, but Isaac would prefer not.

Right now, both boys and Papa are at the movies. They took the boys to see Rio which was playing at the Base theater. I'm anxious to see how they react to a movie other than Cars.

Lastly, some people have been emailing me about baby gifts or needs. I truly have no needs. We are incredibly blessed and taken care of and have everything we need for baby. If you decide that you still want to send something, I have registered at Target for a few decorative items which are a bit more feminine in nature. We also would always welcome a gift to Because of Isaac in Abigial's name. Thanks everyone!

No comments: