Friday, July 15, 2011

Saturday Prayers

I would like to start by praising the Lord that my husband is going to be at the delivery of his daughter. When I messed up our meeting point last night at the airport, JB's eyes were glossy and his face showing panic when we finally found each other nearly an hour later. In the car, he admitted to me that he thought I had gone into labor without him there. He admitted to me something he never said during the previous weeks apart. He admitted that he was so concerned about me going into labor without him being there.

"But you told me it would be okay if you missed it," I said.

And my wonderful husband admitted that he told me that because there was no point in me worrying about something we could not control. "If you did go into labor, I didn't want you feeling guilty," he explained. "So I pretended it didn't matter." But then he told me that it would have been a dissapointment greater than he was prepared to handle. He was so relieved when he found me at the airport. So relieved that this meant he would get to be there for Abigail's arrival.

And speaking of that arrival ..."

I went in for my pre-op appointment this morning. I am scheduled to return to the hospital early tomorrow/Saturday morning, with a scheduled arrival of baby before lunch.

What a difference going into this delivery with a scheduled c-section instead of an urgent/stat c-section after a day of labor and pushing for three hours produces in me and JB. We kept remarking how different and surreal this whole things feels

For one thing, I've received great encouragement from the doctors, anesthesiologists, and nurses, that all-around, things should go much better for us tomorrow than it did the first time around. I even got a Facebook message from some of the nurses who were by my side back in Eglin for Elijah's birth encouraging me not to fear. The Lord has really helped provide me with peace -- which is something that a month ago I was struggling to find.

In particular, would you pray the following things for me and Abigail tomorrow:


  • Abigail's health

  • My health

  • A perfectly smooth arrival

  • A very fast passport turnaround

We were so blessed when we stopped by the passport office today when the gal in charge volunteered to come in, on a Saturday, to make the sure we didn't lose any time on the paperwork. How wonderful!

The next time you hear from me, baby should be here!

8 comments:

Debbie said...

I'll be praying! What an exciting time!

Becky said...

Father God, I lift up Wendi, John and baby Abigail to you today, praising you for what you have done in their lives and for how far you have brought them. You have faithfully seen them through this pregnancy and separation in Germany, and enabled John to be there for the birth of his daughter. We thank you so much. Lord we ask that you would be with Wendi and John tomorrow, taking away all fear and giving them your peace. I pray specifically that there would be no delay in hearing Abigail cry, I pray she would be healthy, and that they would be able to know right away that she is healthy. I pray for no post-op complications for Wendi, specifically that she would not have any issues with bleeding or a C-diff infection. I pray also Lord for Abigail's passport to be issued quickly and without any obstacles so that Wendi and Abigail can be quickly reunited with John and the boys in Turkey. Lord we thank you for hearing our prayers and for your faithfulness in answering them. Amen.

Marlene said...

Wendi, John and big brothers Issac and Elijah...bless you all and prayers for the safe arrival of your daughter and little sister! It's so hard to believe that just a couple of years ago when I "met" you it was Scrubby...now look...a house jam packed full of love! You'll be in my prayers!

Kelli D said...

You will definitely be in my prayers!!!

Anonymous said...

That brought tears to my eyes. Such excitement and blessing! So happy for you! I am praying. Love you all! Can't wait to see her. Love, Sarah

TAV said...

So close!! Can't wait to hear and see pictures.

David and Lesley said...

I can't believe the big day is almost here!!! MISSING you and so excited!! We'll be praying for you!!! HUGS!!!

Kendra said...

Praying! Just saw on your clock that the day has arrived... I pray that God has given you peace this morning!