Wednesday, July 27, 2011

My parents ...

... are on the way back to America.

My husband and my sons are in Turkey.

My dearest friends are scattered all over America and Turkey.

And I am here in Germany.

I know this should be a time of prayer. A time of sleep. A time of bonding with Abigail. I am asking the Lord to allow my heart to have that focus instead of the focus that I am now completely on my own in this big apartment in a country I do not call home. I can't help but want only to leave Germany and return to Turkey. But I want to enjoy these (few?) days with myself, God, and Abigail.

JB keeps reminding me that this is a "golden opportunity" for me. A time to sleep whenever Abigail is sleeping. A time to pray. A time to read. A time to write. A time to have a mini-vacation. I want to see it that way. But instead, I just dream of boarding a plane and emerging in sweltering Turkish heat and scooping my little boys into my arms. And kissing my husband. Of petting my dog. Of sleeping in my bed. Of sitting on my front porch and chatting with my friends.

I am praying for two things. I am asking that you join me in prayer. The first is that Abigail's passport comes today. If it doesn't arrive today, I will probably be here through the weekend. And the second is that I can enjoy the time I have here by myself -- with Abigail and the Lord.

Amen.

3 comments:

Miranda said...

Hey Wendy - I'm praying that you'll find peace and will be back with your family soon.

I know how lonely the first few weeks can be on your own ... I hope it passes quickly for you and that you and Abigail will have a great time together.

Take care of yourself and give Abigail a kiss for me!

Love,
Miranda

Anonymous said...

Praying!

Hang in there.

Becky said...

Praying Wendi!