Saturday, July 09, 2011

Joni Poni

What a wonderful two weeks we had with Joni. The boys hadn't seen her "in person" since she visited Turkey with my mom last fall. But they jumped into her arms like it had only been yesterday. Isaac kept saying, "You're here Joni." And touching her as if she wasn't real. He loved to give her hugs and kisses and then wipe off any kisses she gave him. Elijah kept telling her, "You're my best friend Joni."

Joni may struggle in remembering how to buckle a car seat or stack legos, but she is a professional at taking the boys to parks and actually playing with them. She'll play hide-and-seek and follow the leader and climb through the ladders and go through the tunnels with the best of them. She has an unending supply of energy.

I have been close to Joni since I was a little girl and am so amazed that her daughter gave birth to my son Isaac and that both my kids get an extra grama who loves them and spoils them rotten. It was so hard saying good bye to Joni, but we are hopeful that she will get back to Turkey to visit us soon.

Normally, Joan brings her camera and takes pictures like crazy. But this time, she borrowed mine, and when Veronica took it to Vienna, she was actually camera-less. We therefore didn't get nearly the pictures we normally do on a Joan-visit, but we got enough. Here are a few on her last full day here.

We love you Joni!



The closest we could get to a picture of the three of them!


Elijah with his Joni.
Showing Joni where her nose is.


Showing me where his chin is.


Another failed attempt at a picture. We can usually get one child to cooperate and the other (this time Isaac) wants no part.



Elijah has really gotten into finding bugs. And when he finds one, he drops to his belly to investigate close up.



Isaac has become very opinionated about what he wears. I am determined not to fight about clothes. So yes, it was warm. And yes, he wanted to wear this long sleeve shirt. And no, I didn't try to change his mind. What's the point?


Isaac was actually very picture-friendly this day.





Another great one of our little guy.


Love this little boy.


I've just called Elijah's name. He is debating. Should I listen? Or should I make a run for it?

No comments: