Tuesday, July 26, 2011

My men are home

JB and the boys are back in Turkey. My parents will be with me and Abigail here a few more days, making the absence of my men quite a bit more bearable.

John and our boys boarded the rotator right after lunch today. It was a close call as flying the rotator is always on "standby" and they almost didn't get seats due to a huge deployment flux (and a mistake in the order they called people!) But at the last minute, thirty extra seats opened up and JB and the boys were given a seat on board. (Gotta love military organization.)

While I didn't want them to go, if they wouldn't have gotten on the rotator, they would have had to take a commercial flight sometime this week in order to get JB back to work by Monday which would have been expensive and much harder for 1 adult on 2 kids. (Think taking a shuttle to the airport, waiting for a flight, changing planes, and landing off-Base in Adana.) Not ideal.

I just skyped with JB from Turkey. The boys were SOOOO excited to be home. Scrubs was thrilled to see JB, the boys were thrilled to see Scrubs, and during our video chat, I caught Scrubs trying to eat a sock. Go Wendi! They were also excited to see Veronica and vice versa.

JB said the boys were fabulous on the plane although he did have to visit the bathroom on the plane six times in three hours with the boys. During the landing, Elijah expressed another intense desire to visit the "tuvalet." When JB told him he couldn't go to the bathroom because they were landing, Elijah began crying until JB reminded him that he was wearing a "just-in-case-of-this-exact-situation-pull-up". As soon as Elijah realized he could relieve himself, he got a huge smile over his face and said, "Ohhh. Okay Dad. Fanks." And the crying ceased.

I would so appreciate your continued prayers that Abigail and I can get home soon. I am really hoping we get home before the weekend and before I have to say good bye to my parents. God and I are having intense discussions about my desire to get back to Turkey asap.

I love you JB, Isaacc and Elijah. See you soon.

No comments: