Friday, December 25, 2020

It feels like a movie ...

 

Some days I wonder if this can actually be ... happening: Tennessee Hospitals are Disturbingly Close to Their Breaking Point. The Epicenter of COVID right now is Tennessee. And basically, the Epicenter of the Epicenter is East TN. Things are super duper bad here. I don't know how else to put it into words. And my husband is the Emergency Room Doctor in a county that only has one hospital. And there is only one doctor in the Emergency Room at a time.

Immediately people say: Bring in more people to help. There aren't more people. Nurses have been quitting left and right. There are only five doctors, and they are already burnt to a crisp.

I think about COVID all the time ... I think about all my friends battling it. And I think about our community. Things are not good. We truly need a miracle to keep the hospital from breaking.

No comments: