Saturday, December 05, 2020

Local article

Health Care Workers Feel Frustrated, Exhausted As COVID-19 Infections Climb


This week I was texted by a friend who works at a local store. Over a dozen workers have tested positive at this store. And yet the owners still believe that “enough faith” will save you and that wearing a mask is the equivalent of being a sheep blindly following the shepherd. 

I got so fired up. I sounded off to John. He just nodded and moved on. He’s calm. He’s focused. He knows he has to fight COVID, and he’s not going to worry about WHY he has to fight it. He’s just going to do it. He told me that putting his efforts into things he can’t control will just drain him unnecessarily. 

I stay frustrated. I hear the school system is purposefully telling teachers to not share positivity cases or quarantine details so kids will keep coming to school. And I get angry. 

And John just plays another board game with the kids. If he continues improving he will be back at work in five days. Walking into a war zone that has only gotten worse since he was removed from it a week ago. 

So I am trying to follow the lead of this calm man God has given me. What can I control? What can I do? 

I can support my husband. I can pray. I can help my friends. That’s what I can do. It’s all I got. 

No comments: