Monday, December 07, 2020

I'll tell you what TICKS me off

 .... I can longer read ANY posts or comments regarding COVID and masks. 

They make me want to, literally:

BLOW

MY 

TOP!

Honestly, here's what I want to say. 

If you don't wear a mask, then if you get COVID, or get sick with ANYTHING else, you have lost your RIGHT to go into the ER and give MY husband COVID. 

Of course, my husband can't get COVIDE anymore. He's already had it. From a patient who wouldn't wear a mask. 

But you get the idea.

People write and say the most ridiculous, stupidest, most frustrating things. It is absolutely infuriating. I know it's the nature of social media. 

But it isn't just what I read.

I know some of ya'll aren't facing this in your "neck of the woods." Many friends tell me that mask adherence is near 100% wherever they are. 

But not by me. Not here. There is a little store very near me where no one wears a mask. Like, no one. In our Walmart? It is about 50%. 

These folks, if asked, will start telling you about their freedoms.

Freedom? 

If you get COVID, you can walk into ANY EMERGENCY ROOM and a person just like my husband will take care of you. They will take care of you no matter what is wrong with you or what you have. And you don't want to wear a mask to help keep them safe? 

I just can't even ... 

It makes me SO SO SO angry.

Folks there is a PANDEMIC. I know you think it's been politicized. So be it. But I'm telling you that these nurses and doctors on the news, the stories they are telling, the tears they are shedding ... THEY ARE REAL.

Not every place in the USA or in the world is the same. Many areas are doing a lot better. Our area, is doing ... terrible. And honestly, I think a big reason is the total lack of ... WISDOM. KINDNESS. UNDERSTANDING.

Every single doctor in our community has united together to ask the community to wear a mask. They have said THIS WILL HELP.

The argument that it won't help is so absurd to me. 

If it doesn't help, then how did my husband, who has his face literally IN THE FACE of people with COVID nearly every single day, avoid getting it for eight months? And when he finally gets it, it is from a person who won't keep her mask on?

How many jobs can you think of wear people wear masks? Where they do this to protect themselves? And yet we want to say that they don't work?

Are they fool-proof? Of course not. People use them wrong. They pull at them. They move them. They don't wash their hands. They don't keep six feet apart. 

I get all that.

And I dislike wearing them too.

But this whole thing is just so angering to a doctor's wife like me. A woman who saw eight people she loves very much get COVID because of her husband's exposure in the Emergency Room.

These nurses and doctors are hanging on by a thread. 

Imagine for a second that you are home one evening. Your child falls and cuts themselves. The cut is bad. However, as long as they get help soon, they will be fine. You call 911. You get to the ER. 

And the ambulance can't take your child out of the back. They can't take them out because there is literally NO room in the hospital. My husband, the only doctor in the rural ER is taking care of so many other people. 

Or maybe he CAN get to your child. Your child needs to be transferred to a bigger hospital. Only that hospital denies entry because THEY are out of space. 

Folks, this is reality. It is happening already. And it will keep happening.

I won't post it on Facebook anymore. I'm preaching to the choir. Those who listen, listen. Those who won't, block me out. 

"You only give a damn about the dead dog under the table when it's your dead dog."

That's what my friend Cara told me the other day. My friend Laurie lost her step-father to COVID. I have nearly lost four people that I love dearly, including our good friend, Toni, and our neighbor, Jeremy, and John's boss, Danny.

And yet ... no one cares about the dead dog. It isn't their dead dog. 

But it is someone's dead dog.

Honestly. Grow up. Put on the mask. Shut up about EVERYTHING. Quit saying: "I don't know who to believe."

That's Bull Crap.

Wendi is telling you that EVERY SINGLE DOCTOR I KNOW (hundreds?!) is in agreement with John. They all say the EXACT SAME THING. So quit saying that the few little Internet doctors you listen to (who almost always have some sort of monetary gain in what they are saying) are telling you.

My husband gets ZERO DOLLARS extra for anything related to COVID. He doesn't even work FOR the hospital he works AT. He's asking you to wear a mask. To be socially distant.

Honestly, John isn't even asking anymore. When I sound off he just says: "Wendi. I can't. I can't even try. I can only work to control what I can control. That's all I am going to put my effort into."

... I try to do the same thing but my blood boils.

ENOUGH!!!! It's a PANDEMIC! Wear your mask. STAY HOME! BE WISE!

And if you don't want to, then please just stay home when you are dying. Don't go into my husband who is trying to take care of the people you gave COVID to that were trying to do things right.

I don't even know how to end this rant. So I'll stop now.


No comments: