Friday, May 19, 2017

Friday Funnies

Hannah: "Daddy what if I was a princess and you were just my prince."

*****

We decided we were done with Hannah wearing pull-ups to bed. Two nights in a row, when requested, her pull-up was completely dry. She received a reward, but then, when we told her that she was ready for underwear at night, she got very upset. She is insistent that she still needs the pull-up, and when I try to tell her she is a big girl, she resists this idea entirely. I really think she just likes being lazy and not having to get up to go to the bathroom.

After she couldn't get anywhere with me, she pulled JB aside and said: "Daddy, I am not a big girl and Mommy says I am and she says big girls have to wear panties but I don't want to wear panties and Mommy says we don't have anymore pull-ups and I can't find them, but I know she just hid them somewhere in the house."

*****

Hannah: "Abigail had a green booger one time."

*****

Hannah: "How do people get sick?"
Me: "Germs."
Hannah: "How does someone get a germ Mommy?"
(Me: Inside my head I really think she is as old as her conception date: 2004. That would make her 13.)

*****

We were at tennis. They have a building behind the courts with bathrooms and a kitchen and a drinking fountain and nice stuff like that. Hannah asked to go to the bathroom, and since it was right there, and I knew no one was in there, I let her go by herself. She exited with a popsicle that she found in the freezer inside the building.

Sigh ....

*****

Sidge: "Do you love three of your kids combined more than one of your kids?"
Me: "No. I love you all equally."
Sidge: "Yeah but three combined has to be more than one."
Me: "Can you go to bed now?"


No comments: