Tuesday, May 02, 2017

Tribe Life Tuesday: Man Overboard!


A weekly post from my childhood to grown-up friend Carrie ~ 
sharing her awesome life and her desire to have community while doing it!


Happy TribeLife Tuesday! It’s a beautiful day and we are grateful you are here. 

Do you ever feel like you're being thrown overboard the ship of your life? That is how I am feeling right now. The seas have been a little rough the past couple days and, honestly, I have just felt overwhelmed. I have felt unable to get my bearings. I have been getting tossed back and forth, and though I know where center is, I’m just having a hard time grabbing on to it. 

Have you ever felt this way? 

All in all, it’s not a terrible thing, being tossed around that is, but it certainly wakes you up and forces you out of your comfort zone. Navigating rough seas make me want to walk the plank because, once you jump and the salty water consumes you, it’s time to choose: will you sink or swim? You can sink under the weight of turmoil or swim against the current and build your strength. Many times, when I feel like this, I just can’t wait until it’s over and I get tunnel vision; I am hell-bent on getting through it as quick as I can. I am always ready to hit the ocean floor and start my way back up for fresh air. 

One of the gifts we are offered in life is the ability to face these trials and see who we become. It’s here that we see who we were, face who we are, and embark on the journey of who we are becoming. This is a never-ending cycle, and it’s hard but there’s much success that comes with it. 

So, what happens when life throws you overboard? 

I want to encourage you today and every day: you are stronger than any tidal wave, you are braver than any cowardice pirate in your life, and you are shrewder than you give yourself credit for. 

So, push all fear aside and face your dive head on. 

P.S. I guess nautical symbolism is unintentionally one of my things, but next week I’ll be switching is up with some aeronautical lingo! 

Thank you for reading!


See you next Tuesday, 
Carrie
*Please note that content in guest blogs is not necessarily shared by the station manager (i.e. Wendi!)

No comments: