Sunday, May 14, 2017

Mother's Day

Bri and me on my wedding in June of 1998.

Today I think of everyone who doesn't have a mom. To everyone who wishes they were a mom. They will always be important to me on Mother's Day.

I want to thank my Mom for being such an awesome woman. For loving me and caring for me and doing her very best always to be what I need. For admitting her strengths and her weaknesses and communicating and loving me and for truly being my friend. I am blessed by you. I know you felt young and immature when you had me. But I am a grown-up now, and I think you did a great job training me up in the Lord.

To my mother-in-law, Mary, you are a rock star! And your son John is really cool too. Thank you for raising him and for loving me as a daughter. Thank you for being a grandmother that gives and gives and gives. Your love for your family and your children and grandchildren is without measure. I am so blessed to share my life and piece of Earth with you.

To my "second mother" Joni: the spot you hold in my heart will always be secure. You and I are connected forever. Thank you for loving me since I was a tiny little baby and for always being there for me. Thank you for being a third grandmother to my four miracles and for adopting Bri. Without her, I have no idea where I would be.

But I also want to give my biggest Mother's Day Shout Out to my Bri. Thank you for selfishly giving up your own body and your own time and your own dreams when you found out, at seventeen, that you were pregnant with Isaac. Thank you for making me a mom. I love you as a sister and as a friend, and we are only closer through this miracle. Blessings dear little sister.

P.S. And thanks for giving me a son that looks like me. At least I got one! :)

No comments: