Tuesday, November 01, 2011

Islam 101

I really thought this post by my friend Stebbs was worth sharing with my blog readers. Sarah is an American girl at heart. Traveling and leaving America was not something she planned on doing. While JB and I requested to come to Turkey, that was not the case for Sarah and her family. But she is here, and her perspective on what she is learning during this time away from home is worth sharing with all of you.

Many people have a warped idea of the Muslim people. I do not want to be held accountable or grouped with Americans who blow up abortion clinic or who picket military funerals -- just as most Muslims do not want to be grouped with the terrorists who changed our world in 2001.

Something to remember as you read Sarah's post.

1 comment:

Sarah, Dan, and Peter said...

Wendi, I agree! This post is fabulous! (In fact, last week I also asked Sarah if I could re-post it on my blog.) :)