Tuesday, December 07, 2010

Coupons

I continue to do well with coupon-shopping here. Thank you to those of you who have sent them to me. I think the reason I am doing well is because the coupon-shopping is so easy. People from all over the U.S. send coupons to the Base. They are pre-cut and pre-bagged. You just have to sort through what you do and don't want. They accept coupons here six months after expiration which allows me to reap from all of you and your procrastination! Ha! Today I saved 12% on my total bill.

The Commissary continues to have major specials that I try to take advantage of whenever I can. Last week we bought a case of Corn Flakes for $1 (that's 8 boxes folks!) I also found dog food today for Scrubs for $7.00 (It is usually $20.00 or so a bag.) Okay, so it is for dogs older than 7 years old. But I don't think Scrubs will mind the softer-chew. Do you?

I continue to be amazed at the things they don't have here. Most recently I cannot find any of the baby toothpaste (you know the kind that is safe for them to swallow?) To any of you who send me packages, I'd appreciate some of that. And, believe it or not, no fresh meat for the next week. Bad weather in Germany meant there is none here. We tried buying meat off Base once. We won't try it again outside of lamb (a specialty here.)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I print coupons off of various sites i.e. coupons.com. Can you do that?
Linda

Wendi Kitsteiner said...

Yes I believe we can and use them 6 months afterwards as long as they are not a store coupon.

Sarah, Dan, and Peter said...

I was just getting ready to call my mom today to ask for flouride free kid toothpaste! I'll ask her to send two. = )

Jenny said...

Sorry, we have had a TON of snow here this past week. It has been ridiculous. I had no idea DEKA from Germany supplied Turkey.