Monday, December 20, 2010

Points of interest?

Things I learned today:

  • Scrubs barfing is bad. Always is. But Scrubs barfing when I am on the verge of barfing is an absolutely horrible combination. I calculated the time to see how long before JB was going to be home. Could it wait? It could not.
  • Candied ginger is terrible stuff. I tried it. Bad. It almost made me sicker than I was to start with.
  • Your kids are smarter than you are. While reading through our animal book, Elijah pointed to a bird and asked me, "What's dat?" While searching for the specific name of the bird on the page, Isaac sighed and said, "It's a bird Mom." Right, it's a bird. I knew that!
  • Puppies are scary. We let the boys go outside to meet a new boxer pup on Base. The dog began jumping all over Elijah. We watched as Elijah grew afraid of the puppy and actually sought refuge with Scrubs! Scrubby is such a good dog.

3 comments:

Momma, PhD said...

I hope this isn't an annoyance- as I'm guessing you've probably got morning sickness advice coming out your ears, but, in case you haven't heard of this option:

Vitamin B6 may have helped me. I didn't try it until near the end of my 1st trimester, so it may have just been the morning sickness getting better on its own. It might be worth a try for you.

The other thing that sort of helped me was SeaBands- those bracelets that are supposed to hit pressure points and alleviate seasickness. My 'morning sickness' also included a massively increased case of motion sickness (which was bad news since I commuted by train every day!). I would put the bracelets on when I began my walk to the train and found that they did provide some help (even though I had used them for seasickness in the past and they weren't helpful).

Here's a link to some info on the B6:
http://www.babycenter.com/404_does-vitamin-b6-help-relieve-morning-sickness_2519.bc

Feel better!

Jess said...

Ginger totally helped me! I had Gin Gins and some sort of chew type and both were wonderful. The cat barfing, though, it did not help oddly, much like Scrubs! LOL

Erica said...

Ha! Isaac cracked me up with his bird comment! How cute!!