Sunday, July 05, 2009

Recap of the Fourth

Yesterday we had a very informal get together with Philip & Joia (Keenan & Moriah tagged along too) in celebration of the 4th of July. I was tempted to put up a ton of pictures, but you know, Joia already did that. So because I am feeling especially lazy, I'll let her blog tell the story of our holiday. I was very proud of us for organizing ourselves (four adults, five kiddos, and one dog) to get over to the bay and take family pics. They came out really great! Keith made a wonderful pulled pork, Joia brought her AMAZING chocolate cookie bark and JB added a guacamole conglomeration. (He had a fancier name, but that's good enough for me.)

Prior to Philip & Joia joining us, AD and I attempted to get pictures of the three kids together for a picture for my Dad and Mom. Here's the best we could do:



I also got a fun picture of Elijah during the attempt at capturing the three cousins. Elijah isn't quite as photogenic as Isaac was at his age, so I haven't gotten pictures that capture his personality. This one did I think. He's turned into such a smiley, happy little boy!


Keith and AD are leaving sometime this morning :( to head back home. JB is on call and will return home on Monday morning. Monday afternoon we have new company coming in. JB's brother Matt and his wife Danielle are making their first trip to Eglin. That should be a ton of fun! I'm sure I'll have more pics of that as well. After they leave, we have about a week and a half to get ready for our trip to Colorado. Busy month. Thank goodness August and September are promising to be a lot slower.

No comments: