Wednesday, July 29, 2009

All by myself

Kelsey is gone. I knew I would miss her, but it really hit me this morning. It could be a very long time before we see her again. In addition, I am on my own in the condo with the boys. Just another reason to miss her.

Last night was the banquet. Great food, great people, and a great talk by a mountain climbing physician. While the talk was very interesting, I am awfully confused why people would want to climb something that might kill them.

Today is the last day of the conference. Tomorrow, we will hang out here in Snowmass as a family before heading to Denver on Friday morning in preparation for our Saturday morning flight. It will be nice to break up the return trip in two days (one day driving to Denver and one day flying home) instead of doing it all at once as we did on the way here.

We discussed leaving for Denver tomorrow morning instead as we continued to monitor Elijah's dealing with the altitude. However, while his fluid intake is way down (less than half of what it usually is), the general consensus by the three docs staying in the condo with us is that he is getting enough fluids and sleeping well enough to be okay for another day or two. Either way, I'm sure his body will appreciate the decent to Denver on Friday.

Off to make some lunch. JB should be home to share it with us any minute.

No comments: