Sunday, February 22, 2009

We made it!


I am proud tot say that we successfully made it to church this morning. Not only did we make it, but we made it on time (I hate to be late for anything), had Elijah fed right before we left so he didn't need to eat until we got home, had Isaac's first nap completed and a bottle prepared for him to drink before worship, and had everything we needed packed in the diaper bag. Our only "lesson learned" in this new terrain of two babies was that Isaac will need a separate diaper bag so that we can leave a bag with him when we bring him to his class (which he loves!) after worship is over. We put all their stuff in one bag without thinking about the fact that Isaac would be in a separate location.

I'm not one of those sentimental moms who gets all goo-goo over memories, but it was fun to have Elijah wear the same outfit to church for his first Sunday that big brother wore just nine months ago. Normally I am not sure I'd remember a detail like this, but when it hasn't even been a year, your mind is still fresh! How has Isaac grown up so fast?! Not only that but little Elijah, whom I'm falling head over heels for even more with every passing day and longer stretch of sleep, is now nearing a month old as well. Slow down guys!

It was great to be back at church. We truly love the people that make up the congregation. It has been many weeks since we have seen many of them and we truly missed all the smiling faces of kids and adults. Crossway is full of truly amazing people that we are very lucky to know.

Tonight JB is treating Joan to her favorite -- Indian food -- and we have invited Becky, whose husband John is on a mission trip to Peru, to join us. Joan is treating us to a special dessert as well! My sweet tooth disappeared for a bit but is back with a vengeance! Joan promises me this dessert has chocolate in it so I am pumped!

6 comments:

Sam said...

Oh my goodness, he is SO beautiful! I am so excited for you!
I bet your friend John is on the same Peru mission trip that my doctor (Eglin) is doing right now! It's such a small world!

Blessed Blackman Bunch said...

I spoke with John and Isaac but didn't even get to see you and Elijah! SORRY!

*Try a little "tote" bag that you already have first before purchasing anyting! Isaac doesn't need much for that short period of time! I remember doing my best to have only ONE bag if I could at ALL times! :)

Anonymous said...

How about giving Isaac is own little backpack. I know he can't walk yet but it will be even easier to carry to throw over a shoulder to get him where he is needed to be for that short of a time or when going out somewhere it can always be packed with a few toys for him only. That's what we use to do so it was always handy.

Teri

AW said...

Backpacks....oooh what a great idea! I think I'll be doing that with JK. Make the kiddo carry his own stuff!

Amy T. S. said...

I am one of those sentimental moms!

I love Indian food. Joan has good taste. How awesome that she gets to be with you right now!

Anonymous said...

Wen,
i think Elijah looks like your brother Keith in this picture,for some reason. Tante Jan