Wednesday, February 04, 2009

Things are looking up!

I (Joia) talked to Wendi on the phone this morning. She sounded in good spirits, and said that things are getting better! She is feeling much better and her insides are functioning properly again. =)

She has scaled her pain medication way back, since several of them were contributing to her being "stopped up", but said that she's managing pretty well with motrin at this point.

She mentioned yesterday that her milk hadn't come in yet, and that Elijah was getting frustrated because he was so hungry and she didn't have enough milk for him. John apparently did several feedings with formula, where they attached a feeding tube to his finger, and Elijah sucked on his finger and got the milk that way. That really seemed to help. Today she said her milk has come in, and Elijah is a much happier guy, so that's great news!

If all continues to go well, she will be discharged tomorrow morning! Thank you all for your continued prayers on her behalf.

Also, a huge thanks to all of you who left comments yesterday for me to take to her in the hospital. I printed them all out this morning and she Really appreciated hearing from you all....thank you for your encouraging words. =)

9 comments:

Amy T. S. said...

Hooray! This is great news. There is nothing like going home after a hospital stay. Ahhh...

Anonymous said...

Awesome! It was time for things to start looking up for Wendi!! Looking forward to some wonderful blogs/stories/pictures from the Kit household when she gets home!

Kendra said...

YEAH!!!! :)

Jess said...

I'm new here...from the L&F at Stirrup Queens...

First...Congratulations on the birth of your new little guy! What a blessing!!

I'm also an adopter (domestic, VERY open) who got pregnant (well, via IVF) and I have the not-found-in-nature spacing to my kids. I'm poster-child for "what are the chances" because we were matched with our daughter's bio familiy the SAME WEEK that I found out that IVF #2 (after many IUI's, med/IUI's, an IVF, and a FET failed) worked! Our babies are 6 months apart and YOU are the CLOSEST I have EVER found to being in our situation! So if you don't mind, I'll be hanging around. :)

Get to feeling better soon, and enjoy your new little one...crazy is about to make your house its home!! But in a good way!! :D

Jennifer said...

Yeah! I am so happy thinks are starting to feel better!

Anonymous said...

Thanks Joia. I've been checking the blog all day looking for the updates. I did speak to Wendi this morning and she sounded so much better. I'm trying to keep myself from calling too much so your updates are helpful. How was the Wifia lunch....did Mr. Isaac have fun? You guys are terrific!
Gramma Di

Joy Z said...

Good News! Our God is faithful!

ReBenMyers said...

Congrats, I too am being discharged tomorrow. I will be going to the Ronald McDonald House though, till I can bring Addalynn home. Your Elijah is gorgeous and I know you are going to be a loved woman by all her men!!! God Bless.

Blessed Blackman Bunch said...

YAY! So glad things are going better Wendi!

And once again, Thanks Joia for keeping us updated! :)