Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Great friends arrive

Well it's been happy times and sad times here in the Kit. home. Dave & Lesley arrived last night. How wonderful to see them! They were some of our very closest friends during our years in Minnesota, and it always rejuvenates me to find that you can so easily return to where you were when you fellowship with good friends. It doesn't feel like nearly two years have gone by since we lived in Rochester Towers together. It truly feels like no time has elapsed at all. They are both working as residents at Mayo right now. Dave is an orthopedic surgeon and Lesley a pediatrician. How awesome that they took some of their vacation time to drive to see us in Florida.

The sad times however include saying good bye to Joan who left early this morning to return to Fort Lauderdale. I feel so blessed that she chose to give up a week of her life to help us here on Eglin. We were so amazingly fortunate to have her here with us. Roy, Joan & Bri have always been a second family to me and our relationship has grown even stronger by the love we all share for Isaac (and Elijah!)

Today we took Dave & Lesley to Destin for lunch -- my second outing since becoming a mom to two boys. We are now enjoying some American Idol while JB cooks us all a seafood dinner. Lesley took more pictures than I did so hopefully I can snag them from her (or direct you to her blog when she posts them) to share.

P.S. HAPPY BIRTHDAY MOM K.!

4 comments:

yuan family said...

Yay, they made it! I hope that the weather is nice while they are there...they deserve it!

Amy T. S. said...

Bye, Joan. :o(

Anonymous said...

It was so very difficult to leave, the first part of the drive was sad, I had to listen to Brian Regan to make me laugh. Thank you for allowing me to share both boys with you. I loved every minute. God has blessed you and my family with His special Grace!!
Love you, Joan

Erica said...

Oh..how fun! Tell the Jones' hello for us! I agree with Kristen...they deserve a much needed break from both the weather and crazy resident schedules!