Saturday, June 14, 2008

Hans and Rachel are married!

So first, the most important and wonderful news of all. Hans and Rachel are married. Rachel was an unbelievably beautiful bride. The wedding and reception were wonderful, and I plan to post more photos and details when I get back home and when I get photos from the ladies who were there with me (we all promised to share.) I am just too tired to formulate any more information right now.

What I will have to save for another post are the details of our trip. I'll just quickly summarize by saying, after a whole day of delays on Friday, we found out that our Friday evening flight was cancelled altogether. (Oh, and we found this out after we were on the plane for over an hour.) That meant five hours sleep in a hotel before leaving on Saturday morning to two more delays and then, after arriving, the realization that our luggage did not (despite a promise by airline officials that despite routing us to a different city, it would arrive). This meant JB wore his military BDU's (which he had just worn on the plane due to lack of time and forethought to change) to the wedding. This also meant that my wonderful friends Tara and Lesley had to help me find an entire outfit in TJ-Max and Payless in under an hour. (I couldn't bring myself to where my bluejeans and 3x t-shirt NorthWest Airlines had given me.) Believe it or not, we pulled it off, and I actually wore something I really liked and would wear again.

I'll break down the entire trip for you at a later date. But I don't want to ruin the fact that we are here with friends, and we were able to attend a wedding we really wanted to be at! Late last night I asked JB if he just wanted to board a flight and go back to Eglin since he was going to end up being here for only 24 hours. He didn't hesitate in saying that he wanted to go to the wedding with us. It was something neither of us wanted to miss despite being stuck travelling with a five week old for nearly an entire day. Somehow I packed just enough diapers and formula to make it through before we could hit Hyvee here in good ol' Roch!

So for now, I bid you all a fair night! We are so blessed to be back with old friends and to have seen Rachel and Hans tie the knot! More t come folks!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sitting here with my mouth open saying, "Oh no, oh no" over and over again. I can't even begin to imagine what you only partially described.
I'm so happy you made the wedding!And will say some extra prayers for the flights home:)
love, mom K

Anonymous said...

Wow, what a bad day of travel! =0/ I so feel for you guys... So happy to hear about the wedding though and can't wait for more details and PICTURES!!!