Saturday, June 21, 2008

Missing JB

Sigh . . .

I am trying to have a good attitude, but you know, Isaac and I, well and Scrubs for that matter I think, just really, really miss JB.

He leaves the house each morning before 6am. It is usually well after 7pm before he gets home. Then, today, he is on call. It's Saturday. So that means he left at 7am and will be home tomorrow about the same time. Unfortunately, most of Sunday will include him sleeping so we won't get to see him much more.

We keep counting down the days. FIVE MORE WORK DAYS after today. FIVE MORE WORK DAYS before he is done being an intern forever. His next rotation is supposed to be fairly light -- a clinic rotation that will keep him gone during normal work hours. WE CANNOT WAIT!

Last night we went out for an impromptu dinner at the Indian restaurant in town. I guess it was for our anniversary although, to be honest, our decision was based more on the fact that we haven't stocked up on groceries since returning from Minnesota. They were happy to see us back as we hadn't been in since before Isaac was born. I guess we have been a little bit busy?

I told JB that all I would like is for him to work one normal week. I'd love if one Friday night he could do the feedings with Isaac so I could just sleep through the night one time! Isaac does well, don't get me wrong, and most nights I can snag 5-6 hours of sleep, scattered of course, and then take a nap sometime during the day. But I still just wish I had my best friend here with me to do some of this together. Patience. We are almost there.

Today should be a fun day. Tif is going to watch Isaac for a few hours so I can attend a baby shower for a neighborhood friend. Then this evening we are headed to a princess birthday party for Madison and Jocelyn. Jocelyn is turning 2 and Madison is turning 3. Kids one year apart! Yikes! Twelve months apart. Yikes! But Brittney does an amazing job as their mom.

Okay, off to eat some breakfast and get ready to go. Please keep us in your prayers during that last week of intern year. It's pretty stressful.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Wendi!
You have to change that picture of Hans and Rachel. It's not soon to be married anymore :)

Tim and Roxanne said...

Praying for you, dear one. Let me know if you need one of us to come and do feedings so you and JB can sleep.
Remind me to tell you some time about teenagers and sleeping through the night!!

Rox

Tara said...

I can understand how stressful it must be--hopefully he'll be home more with his next rotation! My husband is not an intern, nor is he in the medical field, but he also has really long hours and travels as well...sometimes I feel like we never see him and when we do, I am just.about.done with the baby and the animals and the house..and I feel like collapsing. But that isn't fair to my husband either, since he needs his rest just as much as I do. It's difficult...you'll be in my thoughts.

Blessed Blackman Bunch said...

AWH SORRY YOU MISS HIM SO. THAT IS A SIGN OF A HEALTHY MARRIAGE!

MY "BABIES" ARE 11 MONTHS APART AND I LOVE THAT GOD DID THAT FOR THEM AND ME! :)

HAVE A GREAT WEEK.