Monday, June 30, 2008

4:45pm

My husband came home at 4:45pm today!!!! Can you hear the excitement in my voice -- or at least in my typing? Not only that, but he informed me that this should be a fairly regular occurrence during this rotation. I was soooo excited! I am soooo excited! I need this so much. It's been a rough six weeks. To have my husband home at a reasonable time during the week and not have call on the weekend, just makes my day.

Here's a few glimpses into our recent life.

We've taken out Isaac's play mat. He loves it. Scrubs seems to have caught on, rather quickly, that this mat belongs to Isaac, and while he can lay near him, he has to let Isaac have his space. Good job Scrubby!


Today, Roxanne came over to meet Scrubs. She used to have a Dalmatian and is a huge dog lover. We realized recently that she hadn't yet met our pup. So she came over to visit. Brittney and the girls as well as Jodi joined them, and I made the only thing I really know how to make: grilled cheese! :)

On Monday evening, Tristan and Shannon came over with their boys. They are leaving for Turkey in a few days. Man are we going to miss them. In addition, Tiffany was there with William, and then our new friends Brandon & Brittney dropped in from their evening walk with their son and daughter. It was a house full of boys!


3 comments:

Jen said...

Scrubs looks like he's guarding him in that picture! Go Scrubs =)

Anonymous said...

wendi - that is awesome that john has more normal hours! i was pleasantly surprised with hans's call schedule, as well! isaac is totally changing so fast! he just gets cuter, though!!

Tim and Roxanne said...

Hey,
Gammy is sooooo in love with Scrubs!! He is such a good boy. Thank you Wendi for the invite and not telling the world how badly I spoiled him. I'm still feeling a little guilty.... sorta.... well not really. I totally enjoyed my time with you, Scrubs, and my sweet boy, Isaac.
Rox
PS Jodie, It was great meeting you too!! Felt like I met an old friend.