Thursday, June 26, 2008

Graduation morning & some dissapointment

This morning, the Interns graduated to second year residents! Here are a few snapshots from a beautiful morning at the Officer's Club at the Bay.

Wifia members: Joia, Andrea, Tiffany, Jodi, and Me (Sarah and Johanna weren't able to be there)


JB and me after the ceremony. I wore this same outfit to JB's medical school graduation


JB's intern class: Sean, Eric, Rob, Philip, Shannon, Matt, Kacey, JB, Cliff, and Bill


Hard to get a good shot, but here is JB receiving his certificate of graduation

It was a beautiful morning and beautiful ceremony. I am so proud of JB and all his accomplishments. It was a tough morning for me as I have just been battling fatigue. However, I made it and did my best to have a great time!

It is now 3pm. JB actually got to come home at 2:30pm and was supposed to be home until the banquet this evening. It's an "off day" for the interns. They had the ceremony in the morning and some presentations to attend in the afternoon, but were then given a bit of time inbetween the presentations and the banquet this evening. However, 30 minutes after JB arrived home, he found out that one of his patients had gone into labor. We both looked at each other as if we could not believe his luck. He had three hours off, and she was in labor! Of course, I am thrilled for her, and JB will do a great job delivering her baby, but there is a big banquet this evening from 5-8pm, and there is a chance that he may miss it altogether. He and Matt have been working for weeks on a video for the banquet, and it is just a time for all the families to get together with no work lingering. I am really struggling at the moment with disappointment. Disappointed that we lost three hours together. Disappointed that he may miss the end-of-the-year banquet. Just disappointed in general. I know if I wasn't so tired, I'd be handling this better. The combination of a newborn and pregnancy, I have been told, isn't exactly ideal.

I am not complaining. I am so blessed to be Isaac's mommy, and this new baby's mommy, and a wife to the greatest husband in the world. I'm just feeling a little sorry for myself right now.

But this will pass. We will make it -- only one more day of Intern year.

For more pics of the morning, jump over to Joia's blog. Joia, so glad to hear you got a sitter for the evening! Rock on!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wendi, what a bummer about JB! Man, I'll be praying that that woman has the speediest delivery EVER!! He can't miss the banquet!

crazystegmamaof4 said...

Praying for ya', Wen...and praying that this laboring mama delivers quick! Things always seem so much worse when you're exhausted, nauseous, and a mama to a sweet new baby. These moments will pass and it's a-ok to feel sorry for yourself...goodness knows I sure did during my 1st trimester (and still do when I'm tired/hot/uncomfortable, etc :)). It doesn't at all take away from the fact that we know how grateful you are for your entire family...your two sweet babies and your hubby. Just do what you can to make it through the day and hopefully JB can be around later to help out and spend time with you. Don't know how you do it, but like I've always say "God won't give you more than you can handle!" Goodness knows YOU know that! Hang in there, friend. Rest when you can!

Aimee said...

Praying for a speedy delivery!!! Would be a shame for him to have to miss his own banquet!!

Anonymous said...

CONGRATULATIONS JOHN!
WE ARE SO PROUD OF YOU!
Love you guys!
Tante Jan and Oom Ed

Gabbs said...

How many graduations can a person have? Save some for the rest of us will ya, John? Sheesh!

Just kiddin'. You know we love you and we're proud of you, too.