Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Good and bad news


The bad news? My Dad is leaving tomorrow! It's been a great week having him here. I didn't get to run as much as I hoped since I cut my heel open at the bay on Saturday (I know Mom! I need to get water shoes!), but otherwise, it was wonderful to have him take some turns holding Isaac. Another picture, above, of Isaac and Grampa Coach doing some heavy-duty bonding.

However, with the bad news that my Dad is leaving comes the good news that we are leaving too. On Friday afternoon, we are headed to Minnesota (said with a long "o"). I am very excited about the opportunity to return to our old hometown. The only way it would be better is if Nicole and Bay, who get married on Sunday in Houston, were also getting married in Rochester so we wouldn't miss their wedding. I can't, for the life of me, figure out why Nicole would choose Houston over Rochester. What's the deal Neecola?! Oh well. I guess a good video will have to do.

My schedule for my 5-6 days in the Polar North is pretty packed already. I am hoping to catch up with coworkers at both of my places of employment and meet some old friends from my infertility support group as well as hang out at the wedding. We are staying with Dave and Lesley. (So is Tara!) And besides getting to see the beautiful Rachel walk down the aisle, we'll get to the see the Yuans, Cronks (I think?), Rays (well the male Ray anyways) and other good friends! I cannot wait! It'll be an exhausting but much-needed visit. These people got me through four of the hardest years of my life. I miss them terribly.

If you think of it, please pray for me. The thought of returning to the Clinic evokes a lot of infertility memories for me -- one of the things that leaving Rochester enabled me to escape. I'm sure I'll be fine but walking those halls is often wrought with emotions. Please also pray for safe travel and successful navigation with child-in-tow. The only bad thing about having a baby is that I don't get to sit in the exit rows now until he turns 15! That's a big bummer!

I'm also excited about news of another trip in the works. In October, JB and I are planning on spending some time visiting my best bud Kristi in New Mexico, then driving to Utah for a Wilderness's Medicine Conference he is going to attend, and then leaving via Denver so we can spend a day with Kelsey. JB is getting the final confirmation that this trip is approved. Jodi has added her client Scrubs to her ever popular book of dogs and babies to take care of, and we hope to book the tickets, maybe tonight! I am so excited to get to see Kristi! I have not seen her since before Logan was walking. And by then she'll have three kids! Can't wait. My gut is telling me child #3 for Kristi will be a boy! I think we need to get a little online quiz going to guess the newest Hunt's details.

Okay, enough of a post discussing the trivial aspects of my life. Here is a fairly routine video of Isaac. I just want to make sure all of our family are getting to see him growing up so I am trying to take video every few days. Mr. Schief is also in the video. He has spent most of his day in his kennel since he cannot behave like a normal human being! :)

11 comments:

Lisa Cronk said...

We'll definitely come see you while you're here! We've got our pack and play ready to bring over to Lesley's house for Isaac to sleep in, etc. Does he like the music/sounds or vibrations on it? or should I leave that stuff here? I'll put the changing table part in there too.
I'm on call on Friday night, but I'm going to try to get out ASAP on Saturday morning after rounds, so we can come to the brunch at Lesley's and see you all! Yay! I'm so excited, I could burst!
: ) Lisa

Edward Charles said...

Coach looks immensely happy! Boy does Isaac look small with Coach. But it is hard to tell who has more hair :) just kiddin' Coach.
Love ya,
Michelle-my-belle

Anonymous said...

O michelle! It's a good thing coach doesn't read the blog often. You might get away with that hair comment! When are we going to get to see you guys?
Gramma Di

Anonymous said...

Can't wait to see you guys! It has been WAY to long.

Anonymous said...

Awww, look at my little Isaac. He is SO STINKIN' cute! I love it! I miss him (and you guys) terribly. Why is it that you guys have to live so far away?

Anonymous said...

He is so alert. Watching the video makes me feel like I was there sooooo long ago. He is getting so big.

yuan family said...

Thanks for the videos..I love watching them. We are very excited to see you!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the video wendi, it really made my day better. I love you Isaac.

-Bri

Anonymous said...

God bless you and your family in your travels to MN. I hope you enjoy your time here. MN sure misses you :)

Michele said...

Hope you have a wonderful trip!!

Rachel said...

Ahh coming back to God's country!? hehe have a good trip! Pop over on my blog to register for a prize:) Safe travels!!