Sunday, June 08, 2008

Isaac's Journal #2


Hey. This is Isaac. My mommy has been so busy that I thought would take the time to fill you all in on our lives. I have very long fingers just like my Mommy which means I am going to be a mean-lean-typing-machine like she is when I grow up. But right now, typing isn't one of my best skills, so bear with me.

The first news?! My Grampa Coach is here! Grampa Coach is awesome! He likes to hold me a lot. He talks to me and makes me smile. He makes funny faces and laughs at my funny faces. I always know he will give me back to Mommy if I leave a messy surprise behind so whenever I am ready to go back and visit Mommy, I make sure to do just that. Grampa Coach also gave me a bottle yesterday. He didn't burp me, but he did feed me. He did a good job.
On Friday night, a bunch of my Daddy's fellow interns came over for a BBQ. The picture at the top is of my one of my favorite baby holders, Joia, who was patiently waiting for my buddy Keenan and his Daddy to get off the airplane and come back to her house. The BBQ was supposed to be to welcome a new family to the neighborhood, but, one of those conversation snafus my Mommy wrote about in her previous post, meant they were actually busy and couldn't come. Oh well! We partied without them. After he cooked dinner, my Daddy told the other Mommy's that he needed a turn holding me, and we went and hung out in the nursery for awhile and talked guy stuff until I fell asleep. What a cool Daddy I have. He loves me so much.

Grampa Coach and my Mommy and me ran a bunch of errands on Saturday while Daddy was fixing people. Mommy kept saying she was really glad to get out and run all these errands because they had been on her list for a long time. She got some Benadryl from Publix for my puppy Scrubs, she got some furniture raisers so she doesn't have to bend over my changing table as far, and she got some presents for some birthday parties I get to go to soon. Oh, and she also got some storage bins to put my newborn clothes that I am slowly starting to outgrow! We also had lunch at Longhorn. I decided that the moment we sat down was a good time to be ready to wake up and eat so Mommy mastered the art of one handed salad eating. Not too shabby!

Mommy said that my night last night was decent but not the best. That was because I decided to wake up in between feedings and express my frustration that my burrito had been kicked off of me by, well, me. I like to kick it off, but then don't like being cold. I have learned that if I turn on my lungs, Mommy will fix it for me! All she had to do was rewrap me, and I was ready to fall back to sleep. She also mumbled something about Scrubs waking her up having some sort of very loud dream. So I guess those two awakenings, on top of my 3am feeding, meant the night was just decent. I'm going to try to do better tonight, but overall my Daddy and Mommy tell me that I am doing a very good job at this baby stuff.

Speaking of Daddy, he has been gone a lot, but I got to spend a little bit of time with him this morning when he came back from his call night. He gave me a bath and put me down for my nap. By the time I got up from my nap, Daddy was taking his, so I'll have to wait until later this evening for more Daddy time. Even though I don't see him very much, my Daddy is awesome! He's a little frustrated that he can't spend more time with me right now, but this too shall pass!

My puppy Scrubs is pretty awesome too. While I was taking a nap with Daddy today, Grampa Coach and Mommy took him to the dog park. They are also going to take him to play Frisbee in the water when Daddy wakes up. That's because today is bath day. Scrubs gets to play at the dog park and the beach on bath day in exchange for having to get into the tub afterwards which doesn't make him too happy. As soon as they trap him in the bathroom, his tail goes between his legs, and he tries to hide in the corner, which doesn't really work since he is a really big dog and the bathroom is a really little bathroom.

Scrubs takes good care of me. He is still working on following directions. He knows what "No lick" means but only listens when the stars are aligned perfectly. The good news is, he hasn't stolen anything in three whole days. Mommy said this is a Scrubs world record. We aren't holding out much hope for it to last much longer, but we are enjoying it for now.

Tonight, Daddy is going to make Indian for dinner. I've decided to opt out and stick to my formula instead, but everyone else is pretty excited about it -- especially Grampa Coach since it is one of his favorites.

Well, I think that's all I have to tell you right now. I am actually falling asleep as I write this which means it is time for my next nappy.

Night all!

-- Isaac
P.S. This is Wendi, Isaac's Mommy. Speaking of Joia, check out her blog today for some really cool news. (Warning of baby talk for my infertility/adoption readers.)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Isaac, here's something for you to share with Grandpa Coach:

Grandchildren don't make a man feel old; it's the knowledge
that he's married to a grandmother. ~G. Norman Collie

Grandparents are similar to a piece of string - handy to have
around and easily wrapped around the fingers of their
grandchildren. ~Author Unknown

It's amazing how grandparents seem so young once you become one!

A grandparent is old on the outside but young on
the inside. ~Author Unknown

The best baby-sitters, of course, are the baby's grandparents. You
feel completely comfortable entrusting your baby to them for long periods, which is why most grandparents flee to Florida. ~Dave Barry

My grandkids believe I'm the oldest thing in the world. And after two or three hours with them, I believe it, too. ~Gene Perret

Grandchildren don't stay young forever, which is good because
Grandfathers have only so many horsey rides in them. ~Gene Perret

When grandparents enter the door, discipline flies out the window.
~Ogden Nash

Enjoy your time with him !!!!!

Jen said...

Wow! I missed a lot! I didn't realize he'd been born yet. Belated congratulations!!!