Wednesday, July 08, 2009

Welcome home!

So this is the only picture I have of my new friend Leeann (left) so I guess, despite how rough I am looking in it, share it again. I just have to put a quick "congrats" to Leeann as her husband just returned from a six month deployment in Iraq safe and sound. She and I have stayed in touch through Facebook and of course when I go up to the hospital, we make a point to stop by and see her so she can reconnect with our newest little Chubba Chubba. When I went in to deliver Elijah, her husband had just left. How fast six months have gone by for me and how slowly for her. But he is home! Congratulations you two!!!!!!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Wendy, words cannot describe the feeling as of late. Pure joy and elation is what comes to mind. Thank you for the shout out, thank you for the thoughts/prayers. Although I didn't ask for this nor want it, there was a reason God wanted him over there and away from us. It made us stronger, our family stronger. You are the sweetest! Next time you visit JB at the hospital, come see me in Flt Med, my new 'home away from home'!