Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Things I have learned in the last 24 hours

  • Industrial sponges (the ones you use to wash your car) don't make good bath toys. If thrown overboard, they take nearly half of the tub water with it. Trust me on this.
  • Putting puzzles back together halfway through the day is absolutely pointless especially is child is watching and thinks clean-up is actually you trying to play. This behavior will result in a second puzzle clean-up. Trust me on this one too.
  • Dog must, somehow, be limited on table scraps from messy child eater. Another 1:30am wake-up call to eliminate consumption of who-knows-what fell under the high chair yesterday is proof. Unless you want to get up with me at 1:30am to see for yourself, you can trust me on this one too.
  • You can wash crib sheets four times in one day when two children are present. Two changes from each child due to new diapers that just don't seem to have the same holding power as the previous kind. New plan: to move up 1-2 sizes at bedtime in order to hold more and prevent repeat sheet washings.
  • It is possible for a child to dirty a diaper before one has even left the room. New diaper is on but less than four seconds later, another change is necessary. You definitely want to trust me on that one.

6 comments:

rachel said...

So you're saying that the 3 crib sheets I received will be much needed?! :-)

Wendi Kitsteiner said...

:) Oh yes, 3 should be perfect! I'll let you know if I think you need more. :)

Anonymous said...

Hey Wendi! Try getting some overnight diapers for the boys. I have found them to be GREAT for Charlie! He was wetting through sheets EVERY NIGHT and finally I tried the Huggie overnights and they have done the trick!

Anonymous said...

Don't go too big on the diapers - if they are too big, they will leak because they don't conform to the body as well. Sometimes, diapers just leak. Try different brands, maybe that would help - we found Luvs to be the best for overnight.

The Pifer's said...

Your blog is so inspirational! I love reading it!!!

Gabbs said...

Man, I hardly ever had to change the sheets except when normal washing for laundry. This was good though, because me being of very little height made it hard to manuver the crib matress and all.

I agree with the above about the Huggies Overnights! I used them with Nate (and I think with Grace, too) and they were awesome. Talk about holding power!! They can hold the Atlantic Ocean!