Monday, July 13, 2009

Growing boys

I can always tell when Isaac threw too much food off his tray during the day. I can tell because Scrubs gets up too much during the night to use the bathroom. Poor puppy was sick. I have to try to watch what kind of Isaac crumbs he is getting a little bit closer.

So here I am at my computer, a bit bleary-eyed, but good nonetheless. Elijah just ate and is playing in his chair. Scrubs is out back using the bathroom some more. And my big-time sleeper Isaac is, still sleeping. He usually gets 12 hours overnight and up to 5 hours during the day. The kid loves his bed!

I have begun to pull out 12 month clothes for Elijah. Nearly all of his 6 month stuff is too small, most of the 6-9 month is not fitting, and I am noticing that some of the 9 month is getting snug as well.

This morning I happened to pull out a 12 month dinosaur onesie. As I put it on Elijah, I remembered that this was a pair of onesies my mother had bought for the boys. Elijah's was 3 months and Isaac's was 12 months. I took the following pictures of them back in April:

Elijah in the 3 month onesie.


Isaac in the 12 month onesie.

Fast forward just THREE months!

Here is Elijah this morning in big brother's 12-month onesie! Holy smokes!

I just can't believe how big Elijah is getting and how fast and how grown-up Isaac is becoming. They really do grow up right before your eyes.

I also got a fun video last night of Isaac trying to give Elijah his pacifier. He does this often and isn't too good at it yet. :)


3 comments:

mom h said...

Wendi....you sent the pictures to me this morning but not of Elijah 3 months ago. I cannot believe how much he has changed!!!

Anonymous said...

Elijah looks like he's about 1" or 1lb away from outgrowing that bouncy seat LOL :)! They're so adorable!

xo Linda

The Mac's House said...

Looks like Mr. Elijah will be not only outgrowing that bouncy seat but the swing as well shortly. My how quickly that boy has grown.