Thursday, July 30, 2009

Last day in Snowmass

Six a.m. Elijah wakes up. Nice JB offers to go feed him. Fantastic. I roll over. Back to sleep. An hour later. Bedroom door opens. JB is standing in doorway holding Elijah. Isaac is standing by his feet.

"Question," JB asks. "Did you get Isaac out of his crib?"

"Answer," I reply, "is absolutely not."

A few seconds later we were able to deduce how Isaac had joined the family without any help. His crib, was broken. The board holding the mattress had broken away from the crib. Isaac had slid out from the bottom between the matress and the rest of the crib and then, since this condo has those fancy doorknobs that you have to pull to open instead of twist, had just walked right out to say good morning to us.

JB said he did make the sign for "night-night" when he saw his Daddy, as if to say, "Daddy, there is something majorly wrong with my night-night."

Add to that the fact that Elijah is now scooting around when we set him on the bed or floor now and I guess you can say that both our boys are really growing up. Isaac can open doors. Elijah is not staying in one spot. Is my life about to get even more complicated?

. . . anyways, on to the rest of the day.

After Rob left early this morning, JB and I decided to head out for some breakfast and fun around Snowmass. We were hoping to take a gondola to the top of the mountain. But then we realized the gondolas only go down to the "base camp" area. Only the ski lifts go up. We really wanted to go, but each of us balancing a baby in our lap just didn't seem to be as peaceful as riding a gondola (or as safe) so we decided to head down into the base camp area instead via the gondola. There was a great kids' play area that we spent quite a bit of time at.

Here are some pictures of our morning.

Riding the gondola. Great views.

Cute snap of Isaac outside.

Another one I couldn't resist putting up on the blog.

Mom attempting a pic with both boys in the indoor play "Tree house" play area.

JB helping Isaac climb into the tree house.
Hanging out outside.
Mom trying to help Elijah sit up for a photo. As you can see, neither boy is excited about this photo. I'll let the boys tell the rest of the story.

Elijah: "Hey Isaac. It's okay. Let's just take a photo together for Dad and Mom. It'll be quick."
Isaac: "Are you crazy little brother? I don't want to take no stinkin' photo!"
Elijah: "You know, I think you are right. I don't think I want to take a photo either."

Elijah: "I think I am going to cry with you big brother."

Elijah: "And now I think I am going to fall over with you, big brother!"
Okay, enough photos. After our day out, we headed back to our condo, where housekeeping brought a new crib and we started the painful packing process. JB will pick up our rental vehicle tomorrow morning, and we'll be on our way to Denver where we have another hotel booked. We have had a wonderful time but are excited to get home and also to see Scrubby again. Seeing all these doggies really makes us all miss him!

Not sure I'll get to post again before our departure. If not, I'll see you all back in good ol' humid and hot Florida.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

What cute pictures and cute boys!!!

Blessed Blackman Bunch said...

The pictures and captions are TOO stinkin' cute!

I think the pic in the tree house is really good of you 3!

Don't worry about Isaac, the crib and all that goes with it. A new season will be fun NO MATTER what! :)

Unknown said...

This is a very good blog, containing some helpful informations.